A library of wisdom, is more precious than all wealth, and all things that are desirable cannot be compared to it. Whoever therefore claims to be zealous of truth, of happiness, of wisdom or knowledge, must become a lover of books

— Plato

Passion for reading and writing

  • Reading a book while enjoying nature

  • My name is Bill, and I reside in the Netherlands with my loving spouse and two children. I am an IT consultant for a large energy company that aims to provide 100% fossil-free energy within a generation. And I have a passion: a passion for reading and writing.

    What do I read the most

    As an avid reader, I gravitate towards non-fiction books, particularly historical topics such as the Second World War, economics, politics, archaeology, and the end of the 19th century (1880 and onwards). While 80% of my books are non-fiction, I do enjoy fiction as well, making up the remaining 20%.

  • When do I read my books

    My preferred reading time is in the evenings after my children have gone to bed. I am an early riser and often find myself reading in the mornings before my children wake up. I also take advantage of audiobooks during the day when I am completing chores or commuting to and from work. As I live in a heavily forested area, I frequently listen to audiobooks while taking walks.

    My primary source of reading material is my local library, which has a modest collection but can obtain most of the books I request from other libraries, including the Royal Library in The Hague. For ebooks, I use a Kindle Voyage, and for audiobooks, I utilize the Audible app from Audible on my phone in conjunction with my Audible Plus subscription.

  • Walking in nature listening to an audio book

Hobbies and Personal Interests

In addition to my love of reading, I also enjoy visiting historical sites and museums. I find it fascinating to learn about different cultures and societies throughout history, and how they have evolved over time.

I believe that reading and learning are critical to personal growth and development, and I strive to instill this value in my children as well. I encourage them to read and learn about different subjects that interest them, and we often discuss what we have read together.

Aside from my passion for reading and history, I also enjoy staying active and spending time with my family. Living in a forested area allows me to enjoy nature walks and hikes, which I find to be a peaceful and rejuvenating activity.

Professional Book Review

As an experienced and passionate reader, I am happy to provide honest and detailed reviews of books and other literary works, with a particular focus on non-fiction books about historical topics such as the Second World War, economics, politics, archaeology, and the end of the 19th century. If you are an author, publisher, or literary agent seeking an unbiased review of your work, please feel free to contact me to discuss potential opportunities. I am always eager to discover new authors and works and am committed to providing high-quality reviews that are fair, insightful, and constructive.

If you are interested in requesting a book review or have any other inquiries, please feel free to visit my contact page to get in touch with me. I will do my best to respond to your message as soon as possible and am always happy to discuss potential opportunities or answer any questions you may have. Thank you for considering me for your book review needs.